We have a variety of Bible Studies that are ongoing here at American Lutheran Church. We invite you to join the Bible Study that fits your interest and your time schedule.
Wednesdays at 6:30 a.m. MEN'S BREAKFAST & BIBLE STUDY
- Men of all ages welcome at 6:30 a.m. every Wednesday. This group, a mix of 15-25 retired and working men meets on Wednesdays during the School Year. It's a group that loves lively discussion and is always welcoming of new members.
Thursdays at 6:30 a.m. WOMEN'S BREAKFAST & BIBLE STUDY
- All women are invited to join us at 6:30 a.m. every Thursday morning for breakfast, Bible study and fellowship. This is a welcoming group where you'll find the coffee is always hot and the breakfast is tasty. Besides Bible Study, wee spend a lot of time sharing prayer concerns and building community in Christ. If you have questions please contact Carmen Galt or the church office.
Thursdays at 10 a.m.
- This engaging and lively group loves discussion of the issues that arise out of reading Scripture together. We even get off on a tangent once in a while. This group meets Thursday morning, from 10—11 am in the Shepherd Lounge from October through May (maybe longer if we are finishing a study). In the past few years, we have been using series on various books of the Bible such as Genesis, Ruth, Mark, and 1 and 2 Corinthians. New people are always welcome.
- Join Pastor Elizabeth for a new once a month Bible study that will look at the next month's Sunday readings. With the Narrative Lectionary we are going to be hearing some of the great stories of our faith. This Bible study is an opportunity to put those stories in a little bit of context, to see how they play off each other, and to see what they tell us about God's relationship with us. We will meet the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7pm at ALC.
- Women of ALC look ahead to October and plan on joining Pastor Elizabeth for an evening Bible study for women. We'll meet in October and shape what we'd like to engage together. We can be a Bible study, a book study, a topical study. I've seen great success in other places with Wine, Women, and the Word- a Bible study that is also proudly social and relational, building community with women of the congregation. Look to October's newsletter for news on location. We will meet the 2nd Tuesday of every month- looking ahead Oct 14, Nov 11, Dec 9, January 13, February 10, March 10, April 14. Click here to let Pastor Elizabeth know if you will be there.